One of the most populated counties in the state of Kansas, Sedgwick County is home to approximately 513,687 residents. The county was established in 1867 and the county seat was chosen in 1870.
🌆 Cities & Communities
Wichita is the largest city in the county and serves as the seat for the government. There are 20 cities, two census-designated places, 20 unincorporated areas, and 27 townships within the county.
Adjacent counties include Harvey County to the north, Butler County to the east, Sumner County to the south, and Kingman County to the west. Additional adjacent counties include Cowley County to the southeast and Reno County to the northwest
📱 Contact Ambrose Team
🌞 Sedgwick County Weather
✈️ Airports & Transportation
Public transportation throughout the county is provided by Wichita Transit. There are eight airports that serve this area.
- Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport
- Beech Factory Airport
- Cessna Aircraft Field
- Colonel James Jabara Airport
- Cook Airfield
- Maize Airport
- Westport Airport
- Westport Auxiliary Airport
🏘️ Sedgwick Homes for Sale
🏫 Sedgwick County Schools
Sedgwick County students are served by ten school districts.
- Wichita Unified School District
- Derby Unified School District
- Haysville Unified School District
- Valley Center Unified School District
- Mulvane Unified School District
- Clearwater Unified School District
- Goddard Unified School District
- Maize Unified School District
- Renwick Unified School District
- Cheney Unified School District
🎡 Sedgwick County Events
🌳 Parks & Recreation
A focal point of the county is the Sedgwick County Park. The park offers five fishing ponds, seven shelters, biking and walking trails, softball, volleyball, tennis, basketball, playgrounds, and barbecue areas. The park hosts several special events throughout the year including a renaissance festival and fundraising events.
🏡 Sedgwick County Real Estate
There are around 218,000 housing units within the county. Of the occupied homes in the area, approximately 63.9 percent are owed by someone living in the home. The median home value is $130,900.